The following booking conditions together with the general information are governed by and constituted in accordance with English Law.
By proceeding with a Booking, you are deemed to have confirmed your acceptance, in full, to these Conditions: Ionian Estates & Villas Limited, Stringers Hall, East Street, Petworth, West Sussex, GU28 0AB, UK (“Ionian Estates”, “we”, “us”) is the duly authorised agent of the owner of the property intended to be let (“the Property”). These Booking Conditions and any booking made through us constitute a contract between you (as the intended visitor to the Property and which means all of you if more than one), the owner of the Property (“the Owner”), details of whom will be provided to you on request, and us. All deposits paid (other than security deposits) are held to the order of, and passed directly upon receipt to, the Owner.
1. The payment of the 30% non-refundable deposit and the clearing of said fund into our account constitutes a binding contract between Ionian Estates & Villas Limited and you (‘The Client’).
2. Full payment of the booking charge is required no later than 9 weeks before departure.
3. If the Property is booked less than 9 weeks before departure, the full charge will be payable at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit will be required to cover the cost of any damage or breakages and the cost of any telephone and other services. Ionian Estates will inform you of this by email as each individual house has its own requirements. The security deposit will be payable at the same time as the final payment of the booking. The deposit will be held by Ionian Estates and will be returned within 10 working days of you returning, less any deductions required by the Owner to cover the cost of damage caused to the Property or its contents during your stay.
5. The applicable prices shall be as confirmed at the time a booking is requested and are calculated per week in Sterling or Euros unless otherwise stated. You accept that all prices advertised are subject to change from time to time and without notice until acceptance of your booking has been confirmed by us.
6. Unless detailed as payable locally or as otherwise confirmed to you in writing, the price includes gas, electricity, water, weekly linen charge plus any maid service as specified or any other extra services specified at the time of booking.
7. The Property is let for holiday purposes only and may not be used for any other purpose without the written consent of Ionian Estates. The number of any party shall not exceed the published capacity of the Property as stated on the Ionian Estates website at the time of booking; you accept that the decoration, furnishings and items provided with the Property may differ from that shown in any brochure or literature available at the time of booking, due to necessary or other changes at the discretion of the Owner.
8. You must notify us as soon as possible after arrival if the Property is damaged in any way or, throughout your stay, if any other problems or damage occur(s), so that we may take appropriate steps and, if necessary, notify the Owner. Except for any damage notified to us upon arrival, all damage to the Property and any loss which, in each case, is apparent from an inspection of the Property after your departure will be your responsibility to make good at your cost and you agree to fully indemnify the Owner in this respect. Any serious damage or misuse in relation either to the Property or items provided may, in Ionian Estates’ discretion and with the agreement of the Owner, result in your occupation being brought to an early end.
9. Ionian Estates cannot be held responsible for breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, etc. nor for failure of public utilities (such as water and electricity). Ionian Estates is not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond our control.
10. Any cancellation (for whatever reason) by you must be in writing by letter addressed to us at Ionian Estates & Villas Limited, Stringers Hall, East Street, Petworth, West Sussex, GU28 0AB, UK. The effective date of cancellation will be the date on which we receive your written notification.
11. If you cancel 9 weeks or more before departure you will lose your deposit.
12. If you cancel within 9 weeks of departure, Ionian Estates will be entitled to charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to the full holiday cost unless we are able to re-let the Property to another client. If re-let successfully, where the fee is at least equal to your full holiday cost, your balance will be returned in full; if the re-let is for a lower amount, the balance will be deducted from the amount to be returned to you, representing the loss to us from your cancellation.
13. In the unlikely event that it is necessary for Ionian Estates to make an alteration or cancellation to any booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and, if requested, will try to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar type and standard in a similar location. If alternative accommodation is not requested or, where requested, is not available, all monies paid by you will be refunded in full and you accept (waiving all rights to claim on any other basis, save as provided in clause 17), that this represents an adequate remedy.
14. The information and any description (including photographs) supplied by Ionian Estates in respect of any villa are shown in good faith as generally being available at the time of booking. Should local amenities vary or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions or local circumstances, you acknowledge that Ionian Estates cannot be held responsible.
15. It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your holiday, to ensure these are in proper order and to take them with you and to ensure that you have a valid passport (note: it must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your return) and the necessary visas.
16. It is your responsibility to keep all children and adults at the Property safe, especially around water. Neither Ionian Estates nor the Owner will be held responsible for any accident that might occur as a result of you not being vigilant either inside or outside the Property. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the swimming pool at all times.
17. Subject to the limitations set out in clauses 19 to 22 (inclusive), we agree to be responsible to you for any direct financial loss that you suffer provided such loss is as a direct result of misrepresentation by us concerning your booking; the maximum amount of our liability to you is set out in clause 23.
18. In order to be able to recover any loss at all from us, under clause 17, such loss must have been reasonably foreseeable, both at the time this agreement was entered in to and at the time a claim is made; you acknowledge that it would not be reasonable for us to be responsible for losses that were never in the contemplation of either of us at the time your Booking was confirmed and this agreement was entered in to.
19. To the extent that you are able to recover any loss suffered from a third party, such as through travel or other insurance or from anyone else, you agree to use all best endeavours to seek recovery in full from that third party before seeking to recover such loss from us; however, to the extent that you may have a claim, we require you to notify us of the nature and extent of the claim as soon as possible, so that we are aware of the potential claim and, if considered appropriate, have the opportunity to take such steps as we consider necessary to mitigate any loss or damage that you might suffer as a result of it.
20. Our liability shall only extend to direct losses suffered by you in accordance with clause 17; to the extent that you may suffer any consequential, indirect or economic loss, of whatever nature, including loss of profit or wages, each of these are expressly excluded from the extent of our liability and you hereby waive any rights that you may otherwise have in law to claim such losses or damage.
21. You shall be wholly responsible for all items of property which belong to you and which you have with you during your stay. In acting as agent for the Owner, we shall not be liable for any act or default of the Owner under these Conditions or any letting made through us, as such liability shall be with the Owner; this may include withdrawal of the Property from rental, the Property being damaged to such degree that the Booking cannot commence or any alteration to the Property prior to your occupation – if we become aware of such circumstances prior to your arrival, we will try to alter your Booking under the provisions of clause 13.
22. Unless we say otherwise in these booking conditions, unfortunately neither we nor the owner will be legally responsible either jointly or individually for any compensation if we or they are prevented or delayed from carrying out our responsibilities under these booking conditions as a result of events beyond our control. This means an event that we or the Owner could not, even with all due care, have expected to occur or which we or they could otherwise have avoided, including but not limited to:
22.1. the breakdown of any equipment or machinery provided or made available to you, adverse weather or local conditions including flood, snow or storm, the inability of any person to deliver or supply goods (including the availability of transportation, food, utilities and other general requirements) for whatever reason, including the difficulty or increased costs in finding workers to provide or deliver such goods and services; and
22.2. strikes and industrial action, lock-out or labour disputes, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, war, riot or civil commotion, sabotage or malicious damage, fire, accidents, keeping to any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, local restrictions or bye-laws, local custom or Acts of God.
23. Save in respect of clause 25, our maximum liability to you, whether in contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise and including any liability we may have to statutory interest, is limited to the total amount of commission actually received by us in relation to the Booking under these Conditions.
24. To the extent and only if we are aware of circumstances described in clause 23, we shall inform you of these in writing, stating that such cause has prevented or delayed us in performing our obligations hereunder, but we shall take all steps that are reasonable and within our power to comply with the provisions of this agreement as fully and promptly as possible.
25. Notwithstanding anything above, no provision of these Conditions shall operate to limit or exclude our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
26. Ionian Estates reserves the right to refuse to accept bookings from clients who are not adequately insured against holiday risks (including the cost of the booking). Evidence of full holiday insurance for all members of your party must be supplied at the time of booking.
27. You must arrive after 4pm (or 5:30pm depending on the villa) on the date of your arrival (if you arrive much later than the arrival time we would ask you to inform the local manager). Please note that these times can be adjusted with prior arrangement with the housekeeper and/or concierge.
28. You must depart before 10am on the date of your departure.
29. In the unlikely event that you have any complaint regarding the Property you must inform the property manager within 24 hours and in writing (including email) to Ionian Estates within 36 hours. Failure to follow this procedure will mean that Ionian Estates will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate your complaint and take steps to rectify any issues whilst you were in the villa and this may affect your rights under this contract.
30. This agreement is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Most houses have excellent bandwidth and WiFi works effectively for checking emails or web pages.
31.1 Houses with landline access systems have good download or upload speeds able to handle large programs i.e. YouTube, music, movies or use Skype-type systems. However if multiple tablets are used this will become restricted based on the number of users and will quickly use up allotted bandwidth thus reducing access.
31.2 In houses with satellite connections where there is a contract and monthly allocation of data provided by the house owner, download or upload speed able for large programs can become restricted if the allowance is used too rapidly, ie YouTube, music, movies or Skype type systems. Also if multiple tablets are used (mainly, from experience, by unsupervised children), the allocation allowance is used very quickly leading to no internet availability.
31.3 In houses with a repeater telephone system, phones works just like a regular phone. However, there is only one phone line and the batteries are powered by small solar panels, so calls should be limited to 5 minutes or less. Internet connection/WiFi will be via satellite up-link which can be used at no extra charge, but be aware that guests will have limited access.
WiFi/Broadband information will be provided within each house description. Ionian Estates cannot take responsibility and will not be accountable for the WiFi, communications and internet access, especially in regards to power cuts, storms/lighting strikes and natural events leading to disconnection.